If you desire assistance or have questions about this form, you can email us at email@example.com, call us at (517) 483-4133, or visit us in the City Clerk's office, located on the 9th floor of City Hall (124 W Michigan Avenue, Lansing, MI 48933).
Complete and print this form. DO NOT sign this form except in the presence of a notary. Notary services are provided at the Lansing City Clerk's office. Bring this form and the materials listed below to the City Clerk's office to complete the application process.
There is a background check fee of $25 for each person to be licensed. For Peddlers and Canvassers, there is a non-refundable fee of $75 for the first applicant per business, and of $10 for each additional applicant.
For Transient Merchants, there is a non-refundable fee of $75 per location.
(1) Bond in the amount of $1,000 (excludes Transient Merchants)
(2) Fingerprints (Applicant can bring photo ID and fee payment of $54.75 to Central Records on the 1st floor of the Lansing Police Department Headquarters between the hours of 8-3 Monday –Friday. The phone number for Central Records is 483-4680.)
(3) Three wallet or passport size photos. Photos can be taken at the City Clerk's office for an additional fee of $10 per person, or can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "[your full name] APPLICATION PHOTO".
(4) If you are working for someone else, you must furnish credentials showing your legal authority to act
as a representative for them.
Print, fill out, and mail or fax the Treasury Information Request Form to the City Clerk. The form is available at the link above. Business licenses will not be issues to people in debt to the City. The Treasury Request Form must be completed and submitted before your application can be processed.
Subscribed and sworn to before me this ________ day of ____________________, 20_______, acting in the County of ____________________, Michigan.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field