City of Lansing Tax Returns are due by April 30th.
Free Tax Return Preparation
- For individuals or families with $54,000 or less in income, please call 211 or 866-561-2500 to make an appointment with an IRS trained preparer for your federal, state and city returns.
- For individuals or families with $62,000 or less in income prepare your own taxes from home or anywhere. Visit Lansing Free Taxes for more information.
Professional & Software Prepared Tax Returns
For Professional Tax Preparers and those using software to prepare returns, the City uses the Common Form (CF). Please review your form completely before printing and submitting. Changes made to the form after printing is not contained in the coding and may not be reflected once received.
In order to view the City of Lansing Tax Forms you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer. If you do not have Acrobat Reader you can download it for free from the Adobe website.
Once you have Adobe Acrobat Reader on your computer, you will be able to view all of the Tax Forms offered on this website. If you have any further questions please contact us at (517) 483-4114.
Income tax forms can be obtained during tax season at these locations:
- Online Forms Page
- First Floor lobby of City Hall
124 W Michigan Avenue
Lansing, MI 48933
- South Lansing District Library - 517-272-9840
3500 S Cedar
Lansing, MI 48910
- Foster District Library - 517-485-5185
200 N Foster
Lansing, MI 48912
- Downtown Capital Area District Library is closed for remodeling
- By Mail - please call 517-483-4114