Start the process at AccessMyGov.


Please note that multi-family (three or more dwelling units) buildings are commercial buildings and you should consult the Commercial Building page for information


If you would like to appeal the decision of an inspector or plan review analyst, obtain a variance from a code requirement, or use an alternative method or material, you must file an appeal with the Building Board of Appeals.

View and download Building Appeals (PDF) to get the application in PDF format. Print the appeals form, complete it, and submit the form including any required attachments along with the required fee (payable to "City of Lansing") to the Building Safety Office.