Click this link for an Absentee Ballot application. Applications must be printed, signed, and returned to the Clerk's Office. They can be mailed, scanned, faxed, dropped off at our office or one of our secure drop box locations.
To be added to the Permanent Absentee Application List in order to automatically receive an Absentee APPLICATION, please call 517-483-4133.
Reasons for Absentee Voting
A voter may request an absent voter's ballot for any of the following six reasons according to Michigan Law:
- Being 60 years of age or older.
- Physically unable to attend the polls without assistance of another.
- Is an appointed precinct worker in a precinct other than the precinct where the voter lives.
- Expects to be absent from the community in which the voter is registered for the entire time the polls are open on Election Day.
- Cannot attend the polls because of the tenets of the voter’s religion.
- Cannot attend the polls because the voter is confined to jail awaiting arraignment or trial.
“I want to give Lansing residents every opportunity possible to cast their ballot,” said Chris Swope, Lansing City Clerk. “That’s why we’re pleased to offer in-person absentee voting for Lansing residents."
In-Person Absent Voting Opportunities
When (Starting October 8th)
- Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
- Wednesdays 8am-7pm
- Sunday (9 days prior to Election Day, October 28th) noon - 4pm
- Saturday (3 days prior to Election Day, November 3rd) 8am - 2pm
- Monday (1 day before Election Day, November 5th) 8am - 4pm
South Washington Office Complex
2500 S Washington
Lansing, MI 48910
Fax: 517-483-4393 Fax
Located in the rear building entrance; enter gates on the right side. The building, which formerly housed the National Guard headquarters, is south of Mt. Hope and next to Washington Park. Go to the back of the building through the gates on the right side.
Short Video On How to Get to the Elections Unit Office