Medical Marijuana Applicant Information
May 23, 2019
General Instructions and a clarified Phase 2 Provisioning Center License Application Scoring Criteria are now available below this update on this page.
As previously reported, City Clerk Chris Swope will open the second 30-day window for Medical Marijuana Provisioning Center applications on Tuesday, May 28, 2019. All applications and payment must be submitted by 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, June 27, 2019. There are only five provisioning center licenses available to be issued to applicants during this second phase.
All applications must be submitted electronically, and the Clerk’s Office has provided the following links on the website to assist in submission for Phase 2 Provisioning Center Applications ONLY:
- Phase 2 General Instructions
- Phase 2 Checklist of documents required
- Phase 2 Criteria for scoring which was updated for clarification on May 23, 2019
- Link to Online Application (active by 9 am on May 28)
- Stakeholder All-in-One Form Packet
- Operator Employee All-in-One Form Packet
As you review the General Instructions, please note the importance of reviewing the confirmation email.
• It is the responsibility of the submitter to ensure they receive a confirmation email confirming the receipt of their application. If you do NOT receive an email with a confirmation number within 24 hours it is the submitter’s responsibility to notify the Clerk’s Office in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The confirmation email will have an attachment with a list of the documents submitted. If you have submitted the wrong document prior to the deadline for provisioning center application submission or if any document you uploaded does not appear on your confirmation email, please notify the Clerk’s Office immediately in writing at email@example.com.
All files submitted must be in PDF format, and should be named with the document name provided on the checklist, followed by your Applicant LLC/LLP/Corp name and facility street address (i.e. Net Worth- ABC Meds- 1234 Any Street).
Applicants are strongly encouraged to compress their documents to the smallest file size possible to facilitate smooth upload and submission of the application.
The Clerk’s Office created new fillable forms for stakeholders and operator/employees. The stakeholder form includes the required Treasury and Background Investigation release forms, along with the Financial Resources and Morals, Good Order and Welfare Litigation History forms. Some of these forms require notarization prior to submission. The Operator/Employee form includes the Background Investigation release form.
Phase 2 Criteria has been updated within the confines of the Ordinance. The City Clerk will award more points for being located further away from other provisioning centers and to encourage more investment in the City both in hiring and construction. The Phase 2 criteria is available at lansingmi.gov/marijuana.
Applicants will have three payment options:
Option 1 – Mail a check or money order payable to the City of Lansing with Application Name, location and confirmation number using a trackable mailing service to:
Lansing City Clerk’s Office
Attn: Medical Marijuana Licensing
124 W Michigan Ave, 9th Floor
Lansing, MI 48933
Option 2 – Pay in person via check, money order, credit/debit card (subject to 3% fee) or cash:
Lansing City Clerk’s Office
Medical Marijuana Licensing Unit
Ground Floor, Rear Entrance
2500 S Washington Ave
Lansing, MI 48910
Option 3 – Pay online using credit/debit card (subject to 3% fee) OR Electronic Check. The online secure payment link will be included in the confirmation email.
The City of Lansing is currently accepting all other type of Medical Marijuana facilities applications, and ordinance has no limit on the number of facilities in the City.
If after reviewing the website and you still have questions, please contact the Lansing City Clerk’s Office at 517-483-4131 and ask for either Jennifer, Deb or Brian.
5 Different Types of Applications
• Provisioning Center - (Not accepted until further notice) updated 12/18/17
• Processor Facility
• Secure Transporter
• Grower Facility
• Safety Compliance
*Credit and Debit Cards payments will have an additional 3% charge added.
Phase 2 -
Additional Helpful Information
• “How to Measure Zoning Distance for Medical Marijuana Ordinance” 10/23/17
• Zoning Map
• Information of Disqualifying Felonies
• Phase 1 Provisioning Center License Application Scoring Criteria v4 11/13/2017
LARA Phone Number: 517-284-8599
Frequently Asked Questions updated 12/6/2017
Medical Marijuana Updates
Court Order to place on hold LARA's October 31 deadline - Nov. 1, 2018
City of Lansing Medical Marijuana Update - September 14, 2018
City of Lansing Medical Marijuana Update - Jan. 29, 2018
Executive Order 2017-02 - Dec. 11, 2017